Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The PAOK president apologized to protect the fans

The owner of the Greek football club PAOK Ivan Savidis apologized for his actions during Sunday`s derby of his team with AEK. The duel went 0:0 when Fernando Varela scored a goal for the hosts but was canceled for ambush. This decision became a prerequisite for the ugly scenes in which the main player was the Russian oligarch with Greek roots, who invaded the field with a pistol at the waist and ordered his players to leave the terrain. Following the incident, the Greek government decided to suspend the league analyzed by 11livestream for an indefinite period. `I want to apologize to all fans of PAOK, to all Greek supporters and to the world soccer community, and I am very sorry for what has happened, and I can not go to the field this way. ` My emotional responsewas triggered by all the negative things that have been accompanying Greek football lately, as well as from outside the controversial events that took place at the end of the derby between PAOK and the AEK - the actions of the judge and the delegate (respect for the goal - ambush - new recognitionthe goal), the interruption of the match, the protestand the invasion of the field of dozens of people from both headquarters, all of which could lead to a worsening of the situation on the ground and my only goal was to protect the tens of thousands of PAOK fans from provocations and complications that could even lead to human sacrifices. I had no intention of going into conflict with the opposing team or the referees, and I certainly did not threaten anyone. Unfortunately, I and my family, as well as my colleagues, have become hostages of our totally ill soccer realities. I`m afraid and will continue to do so in spite of constant attacks on all levels, for football to be honest and to win the title on the court and not on the court.

Again I apologize! `

No comments:

Post a Comment